Tuesday, April 22, 2014

On The Road Again

Where do I begin.  After much consideration we decided to trade our trailer and truck in for a motorhome and car.  Every thing is a trade off, and there will be things we will miss about our trailer and truck, but overall we feel we will be happier with the motorhome and a car that gets good gas mileage.
2005 Fleetwood Bounder Turbo Diesel and 2011 Honda CRV 4WD


 

I had my final check up for my hip replacement on Friday, and after spending the Easter holiday with our loved ones in North Carolina, we hit the road.  Our motorhome was bought at Lazy Days Tampa, and after we got back to North Carolina, we found some minor repairs that needed to be fixed.  Lazy Days would have paid for the repairs elsewhere, but we soooo loved Florida when we were there buying the motorhome, we decided to return for the repairs, and tour the state. So on the road we go...

On the road in South Carolina
 


We stopped for a couple of nights in South Carolina near the Georgia border at a Thousand Trails membership club campground (Carolina Landing) on Lake Hartwell.  We are enjoying our time here so much that we have decided to stay a week or so, so more to come on this area.
Savanna River
Lake Hartwell


Beautiful yellow flowers near Lake Hartwell. Canola crop maybe?

 
More to come...........

2 comments:

  1. I don't think my comment was taken so I will try again. I had said that I think Stephanie did a great job on her 1st post getting the last 3+ months covered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a test of comment feature.

    ReplyDelete